Every employing unit operating in Louisiana is required to complete and submit an employer application to receive an official determination of liability or non-liability under the Louisiana Employment Security Law. To find out more about the process, click here.
You can apply for a Louisiana Unemployment Employer Account online starting on this page. Use this checklist to make sure you have everything that's needed to complete the application.
- Employer's name
- Louisiana physical address (NOTE: If there is no physical address in Louisiana, you will need to enter the address of the job site OR the address of one of your employees who lives in Louisiana. This is for statistical purposes only. No correspondence is mailed to the physical location.)
- Employer telephone number
- Employer fax number (not mandatory)
- Employer email address
- Primary mailing address (and secondary mailing address, if applicable)
- Payroll contact person's name and telephone number
- Organization type (Examples: corporation, sole proprietorship, LLC -- type of LLC, such as sole proprietor, partnership or corporation, etc.)
- Date when corporation or partnership was formed
- State where corporation or partnership was formed
- Employer type (Regular, Agricultural, Non-Profit or Government)
- Number of employees working in Louisiana
- Federal Identification Number
- Name, Federal Identification Number and date of contract of PEOs, if applicable
- In cases of an acquisition or change in Federal Identification Number: the employer name, Louisiana Unemployment Account Number and date of acquisition or the date the Federal Identification Number changed
- Yes/No: Company is subject to the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) in a state other than Louisiana (if so, the date and state that occurred)
- Company trade name ("Doing Business As" name) if it is different than the employer name
- Louisiana Withholding Number (10- or 12-digit number)
- Yes/No: Company has workers performing for your business or in your home who you consider to be self-employed or independent contractors. Guidelines for determining worker status.
- Date company first had employees in Louisiana (NOTE: Cannot be a future date.)
- Officer/Owner information -- Name, title, Social Security Number, address of residence, home telephone number -- Needed for ALL company officers
- Quarter that qualification was met
- Type and explanation of business activities
- Name and telephone number of contact person who can supply additional information about your business activity
- IN THE EVENT OF A PARTIAL ACQUISITION, YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A LIST OF THE EMPLOYEES AND THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS FOR THE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE BEING TRANSFERRED.
- IF YOU ARE FILING AS A NON PROFIT ENTITY WITH A 501C3 EXEMPTION, YOU WILL NEED AN ELECTRONIC COPY SO THAT YOU CAN UPLOAD IT INTO THIS APPLICATION.
Questions? Call us at 1-866-783-5567, Mondays-Fridays, 8 a.m. -- 5 p.m.
IMPORTANT: Partial applications cannot be saved. You MUST be able to complete the entire application in one session. You will have a maximum of 30 minutes per page to complete your application. Please be sure to have all necessary information on hand BEFORE you start.
I HAVE READ THE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS AND UNDERSTAND THAT I MUST HAVE THE APPLICABLE INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION.